MashedCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MashedCraft is our Online Multiplayer Minecraft server!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Itzz_MaDnEsS

Itzz_MaDnEsS

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey there,
Just wanted to pop in to suggest a couple things and bring a bug to your attention. I believe that the server runs great, good community, careful staff, and it runs well, but the forums are kinda dead.
I think that a "Bugs" section should be considered to be added to the forum, just in the event that something can/needs to be fixed.
-going off that I have a bug to inform you of. Every now and then (couples days or so) when I log in, the pluggin that ranks players with the password (i.e. /apply <password>) will ask me to /apply for member with the password, even if I'm already at member rank. Minor bug, really doesn't affect gameplay at all
I think the website should also be announced as a forum rather than a way to donate and such, to give it a more useful appeal, but this is entirely up to you. As you're aware and I am as well, it's your server, and you can do what you want.

So far the staff are doing a great job, but I've seen on other forums "staff complaints" sectons in use. Now, seeing how your staff behaves themselves, the section may not ever be needed, but in the event that a new staff is ranked, and either abuses his/her power or doesn't behave as a staff member should, the players who were victimized can put in a request for re-evaluation.
I have noticed that some mods can get very agitated and hostile towards players that best them, which includes threatening the players lives (in game of course) and in general, making the player feel un-welcomed. This kind of thing is why a staff complaints section could help you manage the staff.

This next part is again just an opinion, the server is yours, but I find that giving moderators the /tp command sort of unnerving. Now in my experience, moderators are more chat-based staff, but how you want to run it is entirely up to you. I hope and believe firmly that you know the current mods and any more you hire well enough to know they won't abuse this command or others before you give it to them.

When it comes to donator privileges, I think you should mention to the donating player what sort of thing can be considered an abuse of the privileges (such as using /fly to kill members), and inform your staff the guidelines that donators have. If there are no extra rules that come with donating, inform the staff so they won't punish the donating players for using their privileges.

I really hope you at the very least consider my ideas, I love the server, keep up the good work. If/when you get a chance to read this, leave a reply with your opinions/comments of what you think. I'd really appreciate you taking the time to read this.

-iTzz_MaDnEsS
Back to top Go down

Forum Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MashedCraft :: Server :: Project ideas-
Jump to: